Sticky Notes

Having an inner child means a lot of things to many different people, for Tom Hanks it means having amazing keyboard skills, or for the people of Japan it might mean erecting a life-size version of something that represents made-of-win decisions. To me however an inner child is useless psychological jargon. I mean what would an inner child have to do with me, an eternally youthful/childish individual? I mean we have all seen people busting their humps off for things that have intrinsic worth, at the cost of their happiness.  I used to reassure myself that I would never be one of them, but what was wrong with being like them?
Apparently you would be sad whenever it's 1:10 PM

1 week ago I had a tedious job of annotating a comic book, not one of the first things someone decides to do with a comic book. It was tedious because I wanted to annotate every page, tedious because I had used 2 sticky pads for that job, tedious because I knew if given a choice I probably wouldn’t be doing it. If I had an inner child, which I believed in, he would have laughed at me, and would have gone off to play 4-square with the other fragments of my psyche. I mean don’t get me wrong the work was important, and I knew it had to be done, because I was an adult, with responsibilities.
There was a time in my life when I saw sticky-notes and saw only any opportunity for another big bird impression; apparently as a kid I thought he was funny.


H for Hilarious

Needless to say, this was not one of those, and that thought depressed me. I had grown up; I had become the adult that used sticky-notes for their intended purpose. I had become my sister. Which is not inherently bad, It's just not me. My sister is destined to be successful, whereas I’m destined to contemplate why sticky-notes leave me clinically depressed.
I don’t believe that any true benefit would come from me shirking off my responsibilities. I knew that right now what I needed was to work now play later or maybe even play less, it was a part of growing up. That line of thought was safe, tried and tested. That’s why I did the sane, logical thing, and busted out 3 stick-pads for my best big bird impression to date, sure I ended up working 2 hours more then I originally would have had to, but it was worth it. It’s true that I might not believe in him, but at the end of the day I still want him to be proud of me.
Because pride is the first thought you get when you see an adult covered in stationary

Comments

  1. You're a great writer! Kind of reminds me of 'Cracked.com' style articles. I love the tone you carry out throughout your writing.

    The images make it hilarious. You should really consider a career in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very similar to the way cracked.com write their articles! I found it pretty funny and interesting too.

    I agree with Umair, look into writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

Goals for Senior Year

Great Presentations