Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging


   To be honest I’m kind of relieved to be diagnosed as an ISFJ, I don’t know what I would do if I was diagnosed as an extrovert. Functionally I’m quiet with strangers, to the point that when people ask me questions, and I don’t answer hoping they were talking to someone behind me. I am very talkative to close friends and certain people in general. I tend to be more open with people, depending on the attitude they extend to me, guess that’s the sensing part. As a kid I used to get along with larges masses of people great. I practically thrived in those situations as a kid, but as I got older I just don’t react the same in those situations.

after a certain age, urinal talk  just isn't endearing

            Apparently my personality types are good and caring leaders, I would just like to add, only as a last resort. It’s not that I make bad decisions; I would just not take the power even if there was someone else only slightly capable. It might sound stupid, but that’s my level of shyness. I do step up however if I feel the current leader will lead the group into the ground, but then again that’s me acting as a last resort. 

"One second, he's still trying to find you someone"

            I make decisions oddly, when I’m alone I follow logic, when I’m in a group I use emotions. The test results explain this tendency by saying that my type, want everyone to be happy. I guess I use logic alone, because those times only I have to bear the consequences of my decisions. So far in life whenever I followed emotions, I messed up decisions, mainly because as a kid it was harder to differentiate emotions, from whim.
            The test says I am a low-to-moderate judging type, and that makes sense I do tend to judge people, but the consequence of that judgment is if I will like them or not. For serious matters I don’t trust myself to make proper judgments with lasting consequences. Then after making the judgment I have to wrestle with the moral dilemma of me taking up the position of judge, since I was always a strong proponent of the healer healing himself, first.

Yep, even now

            Sensing basically means sensitive, and I am a very sensitive person, not to the degree where I dissolve into tears if you call me fat, mind, I do take somethings harder them most people. Being sensitive has it’s benefits I get along better with people because I end up empathizing with them a lot, to the point where I’m depressed because you're one of the drummer girls from Kevin Rudolf's Welcome To The World music video.

That awkward mement when you forget which stick to hit with next

There are exceptions to my empathy though. I rarely hate people, I dislike certain people’s company, but I rarely hate. Those who I do hate, I end up being remarkably callous to, which goes against everything I usually advocate.
            After reading Catcher In the Rye in 10th grade, for a while I worried that I grew apathetic towards people.  Luckily the case was just that I empathized with Holden so much I felt what Salinger wanted me to feel. I suppose it’s useful being able to empathize with a person who is inherently my opposite, but seeing as I have yet to use it in real life, it’s the equivalent of Superman’s x-ray vision, used for a purpose that it’s not intended for.

As nature intended

            The test say’s I’m loyal, to anyone who has endeared themselves to me. The problem here is I’m easy to please, and a lot of people end up having endeared themselves to me. I do stand up for other’s sake more often than my own, and that’s one of my personality quirks that I don’t mind because Protecting and Serving is not a bad motto to live by, and the uniforms aren’t bad either.

Men in uniforms, AM I RIGHT?

Comments

  1. Hahaha wow, I really enjoyed reading this post bro. I think I've got an idea for my new post... you know, after the racism one :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Zamran - so glad to see you making your blog your own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

Goals for Senior Year

Great Presentations