Introduction


Picture courtesy of Danny-9


Hi
My name is Zamran, I was born in Lahore in 1993. I spent most of my youth in Karachi, and only moved to Lahore back in the 3rd grade. Currently in my life, Bangkok has become sort of a second home for me, due to my father’s work. My dad heads the Southeast Asian division of his firm, so the best way to spend time with him is to go to him. I have 2 sisters – one older, one younger, both of which I credit my odd childhood to.
I have many hobbies; from spending time with friends, playing football, basketball, reading a good book, reading a bad book, reading comics, watching anime, and massive amounts of other hobbies. I think a good reason I have many hobbies is because I’m very open minded, and I have diverse interests.
One of my all time favorite stories is One Day by David Nicholls, easily one of my favorite books from my recent reading. The book has great pace, loveable characters, but perhaps its most attractive feature is Nicholls trademark humor,  and perfect balance of sadness and joy,. This is probably one book I can recommend to anyone.
One guilty pleasure I’ve dealt with a lot is my addiction to Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing games, or MMORPGs for short. In which the entire game aspect boils down to dull repetitive actions, and micro-management. I got hooked when I was 12, and only properly quit recently. I still occasionally play a random MMORPG when I get bored.
What I think people will be surprised at about me is that my entire set of life goals is based on tiny obsessions I pick up randomly. For example the 6 weeks leading up to last year’s final exams I spent learning Linux kernel coding just because there were certain aspects of a program I wanted to change, I ended up making a whole different custom program which I deleted during the summer, because I could. Or 6 months ago where I started making random wallpapers for deviant art using Photoshop C4, I ended up making 23 wallpapers and lost the account password, and have never gone back to it.

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

Goals for Senior Year

Great Presentations